Monday, June 22, 2009

Advice, anyone?

Just when I was starting to really enjoy this pregnancy (no puking, lots of eating) the third trimester reared its ugly head and threatened to destroy my happiness. Ok, so maybe that's a little extreme, but still. Let's just say that after two trips to the ER and lots of drugs later, I'm back at home with the baby still in my belly (thank goodness! I'm only 32 weeks!). BUT, here's the catch, I've been advised by several doctors to "take it easy" and keep off my feet as much as possible. Not that I don't occasionally (ok, often) welcome a good excuse to be lazy, it's just really hard to feel productive when I'm sitting or laying down all the time. My body is sore from doing NOTHING. How weird is that?!?! Yuck. So if any of you have 1) been through this yourself, or 2) can at least empathize/sympathize with my situation, then I welcome your advice on how to stay active without being active. Hmmm.... yeah. So come one, come all with your fabulous suggestions!!

2 comments:

Mark and Kim said...

Mark and I have both gone through bouts of soreness when we stop being active. It's weird. Maybe it's muscle fibers shrinking?? The only suggestion I have is to stretch. That's easy to do while laying around!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

get ur fingers really muscley with ur iphone. thank GOSH for the iphone. what EVER would you do??