Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Holy cow, I'm back!

So, let's just call that a L O N G hiatus. I know, totally lame and NOT motivating at all. Fortunately, I have the best excuse I could think of (and it's actually true!). 

I'm PREGO! That's right, folks, there's a bun in the oven. Right now I am about 6 months along and doing just fine. But believe me, it was a rough road I traveled to get here. Uncharacteristic of my first pregnancy, this pregnancy left me bed-ridden and crying for aid (or a bowl of Cheerios since that was about the only thing I could stomach for a good 10 weeks). I was even hospitalized once after an extremely difficult encounter with the stomach bug. Needless to say, the going got tough but the tough got going -  ie. I'm still here. Just to prove it, here's photographic evidence:

So now that I'm FINALLY back to what feels much like myself, I'm ready to get this baby rollin'! (Not the literal baby, the blog baby, that is). 

As an incentive to get people to actually read what I'm writing, to get ME to make frequent updates and just to be cool like all the other bloggers out there, I'm going to have a drawing to win a prize. The prize will be something beautiful - ie. a very cheap running accessory (I already know what it is and I use it all the time). 

Here are the rules to enter this awesome drawing: 

1. You MUST follow my blog. (see that little box on the sidebar that says, Follow? Well, follow.)

2. You MUST make a comment on this post. I love comments. They make me happy. So go ahead, make me happy. 

Then once I have all the comments and followers in, I will randomly draw a name and send them a cheap running accessory! I know you're excited. 

Good luck! 

(By the way, deadline is Thursday, April 30th at 9:00 p.m. EST)

13 comments:

Jimmy and Katie said...

'bout time you update this blog! And, just so you know, I've have actually picked up running in the past month and am planning on running in my first 5K (just so you know--as of 3 weeks ago I had never run more than 2 miles at one time...so a 5K was a big deal). Sounds like I'll be needed your give-a-way so I hope I win! ;0)

Steph said...

I by no means require a new running treasure at this time. But eventually, I SHALL RETURN! So bring on the treasure. It will be ironic if I win.

I should take a photo of myself and then you will see that I am significantly bigger than you.

One more thing...I mailed your new camera charger today and it should be there by Thursday. Yay!

Kirstynn Evans said...

Really... just what I needed... someone else insisting that I need to run! Well, I have done a 5K, and will most likely do another one this fall, but the words, "I RAN A MARATHON" will never be posted on my blog. I'll stick with the tiny little races. It is great to see your blog though! Thank you!

Mark and Kim said...

Yay a prize!! Not that I'll be running for awhile either....but I want it! Can I use it biking??

Lynn said...

Paige, you are such a talented writer! It is such fun reading your thoughts. No way do you look 6 months pregnant. You look great....dah...you ALWAYS look great!!

You have inspired me. I am walking. Yeah don't laugh....it is better than sitting. Baby steps here, but no way will I ever go "marathon."

Love you girl!!! Mom

The Muse said...

Apparently most most of your friends and/ or family are 1. pregnant 2. injured or 3. just not runners, but willing to be motivated regardless. I am a bit of two and three. While I do enjoy shorter runs (1-3 miles), my knees are not really happy about that, so I have become a fan of walking, and I hope to swim and bike more with good weather. Thanks for the motivation, and I hope to put the running tidbit good use.. perhaps just at a slower pace. love you! Glad you're back in business-- in all ways.

Jacque said...

I like the idea of being a follower,which is what I would be if I ever tried to run with you even if you were 9 months pregnant with triplets. Actually I have my 54 year old body in training for a 5K benefiting a food bank the day before Mother's Day. I'll let you know how that goes. Have fun watching Gabe run circles around you for the next few months.

Caryn said...

That belly is TOO CUTE! Love the blog contest too- u are too creative. So here I am, dutifully commenting & also wondering how those sweet potato fries ever turned out? We'll have to make some when u all visit next...Brayden misses Gabe! :)

Bonnie said...

Ok, running shmunning.... I'm most interested in that picture!!

1... WOW your hair is long! When did that happen! I love it!

2... NO FREAKIN' WAY you are 6 months in that picture.... I'm fairly disgusted with you right now!

3....Is that an Iphone? Everyone, EXCEPT me, has one of those things! I hate it! I can't send any of my friends a picture text because even after spending 400 smackeroos, apple can't give you that convienence. UGH!

Dana H. said...

Oh wow! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Are you going to find out if Gabe is having a brother or sister?? Either way, this is great. :)

I set a personal best (as an adult and not as a teenager) for a 5K a couple of weeks ago. I came in in just a little under 30 mins--which is good for me considering I have to lug this body around. lol I'm shooting for a 5 miler in June/July, and then the 10 miler in September. We'll see if I get there!

Again, congrats to you and your family. And we're not that far away--in fact, we're coming up to DC tomorrow for the weekend! Shoot me or Gid an email if you want! :)

Justin said...

I know this comment does not apply to this blog post, but I loved Gabe's hair before you cut it, and I wanted it to count for the drawing.

Amelia Hohl said...

Hey Paige, I'm back and I'm in. I'm glad you started this blog back up again. You're looking good and prego. Is Garrett excited to see you this time when you're actually really pregnant and to see the baby when she's born?

Tracie said...

I'm curious what this secret prize is... I ran yesterday. I'm averaging about twice a week and my only excuse is my lazy bum (and bad weather and that I've been busy and that I always find something so I feel justified for not running!). :)