Saturday, November 22, 2008

Top Ten reasons why you didn't run yesterday

10. As you left your house, all decked out and ready to run, the arctic blast that followed froze your lungs in less than a second.
9. One nightmare +
8. Two new molars +
7. Three runny noses =
6. Not enough sleep
5. Thirty minutes after breakfast, the sun set.
4. The gym or basement treadmill or front door was just waaaaaay too far to travel for a run.
3. That extra doughnut for breakfast was amazing.
2. I couldn't find my running clothes among the mountains of laundry accumulating in my front room.
1. Run? Oh yeah, do I still do that?

Fortunately, I didn't need to use ANY of these excuses today because ... I actually ran yesterday.

3 comments:

Run Mommy said...

Fun post!

Melanie said...

Good for you! I think I'm done running outside until spring (except for the midnight run in Central Park). Hopefully my kickboxing videos will keep me in good enough shape to get my through my holiday baking frenzy.

Mark and Kim said...

10,5,4,1 are definitely on my list of excuses.