Monday, October 6, 2008

Some girls don't sweat, but this girl ain't one of 'em

Let's just get one thing straight: I'm not one of those girls. You know who I'm talking about. Maybe you're even one of them. But believe me, I'm not.

That's right. I'm not one of those girls who walks out of the gym smelling like sweet flower petals with her perfectly even-tanned skin and smooth hair. When I walk out of the gym (which is infrequent since I can't stand running indoors) I don't smell like flower petals, my hair is anything but smooth, and you can bet that farmers' tan makes a different kind of scene at the pool. The closest I get is smelling of three-day-old flower stems that have been sitting in the same water since the day you bought them and are starting to get that slimy film. Yeah, I'm that girl. I'll even admit it here - now - I've worn, and occasionally wear, men's deodorant. There, it's out. Sometimes it's because I like the smell (I feel like I was just hugged by my hubby all day long - Here's to Old Spice!) and sometimes it's cause it's the only thing that gets the job done. And hey, I'll take it.

So believe me when I say this girl gets down and she gets dirty. Sometimes it may be in the form of a little healthy sarcasm, and sometimes it's just a good American life story. And that's who I am and that's why I'm here. Welcome to my side of the story.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Amen! Looking "cute" while "working-out" ... those are just two words that don't belong in the same sentence.

The Muse said...

K and I quit a gym membership because of those reasons... we actually wanted to go to get sweaty. And have you ever tried Brut? mm...:)

renae said...

I'm the biggest sweater you will ever meet. Once I stopped at the running store after a run and was dripping from head to toe. The guy working there looked concerned for my well being. I assured him I was fine, just a major sweat factory! Makes me feel like I got a damn good workout in though.