Thursday, May 7, 2009

30 by 30

I turned 27 today. I think I'm getting used to this old thing. I thought 26 was hard cause it was edging a little too far into the "late twenties" for my taste. It also doesn't help that my husband is younger than I. But, I think I'm beginning to finally accept the inevitable and just move on. 

So in honor of my birthday and accepting oldness, I've created a list of 30 things I will do before I'm 30. Here goes (not order specific):

1. Compete in at least one triathlon a year
2. Take a photography class
3. Master Photoshop
4. Become a professional photographer
5. Buy a house
6. Grow a garden
7. Get a six-pack (abs)
8. Successfully endure my husband's deployment
9. Home school (? - still up for debate)
10. Start a business (possibly, but not necessarily, related to #4)
11. Be a good church-goer (always have a temple recommend)
12. Master the art of entertaining (with no stress)
13. Read more (join a local book club)
14. Take fun family vacations
15. Go horseback riding (I love it and never do it)
16. Pick up a new hobby
17. Sew something for my baby girl (this is a challenge, friends)
18. Learn some home decorating skills
19. Build up a significant food storage (more than just MREs)
20. Go to the temple monthly
21. Family Home Evening weekly
22. Scripture study daily
23. Remember family and friend's birthdays
24. Send b-day cards (now THAT'S getting my act together!)
25. Start writing in a journal at least monthly (gotta start slow, here)
26. Keep up my blogs!!
27. Learn to love laundry and dishes (hmmm...)
28. Start cutting coupons (I love saving money)
29. Remember not to prioritize myself out of the picture
30. Have fun!

OK, that's a good start! Here's to being young! 

8 comments:

Mark and Kim said...

Happy Birthday!!! Ever since we started talking about starting to have kids I've thought in my mind that I was already 27 since that's how old I'd by the time I have the first one. Weird but at least it won't come as a shock in 3 months!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! Those are some ambitious goals; I'm with you on the using coupons one. I used some the other week and it made grocery shopping so much fun. I don't get the newspaper, so I guess I'll have to be more proactive in finding coupons online.

Thayer said...

Happy Birthday, Paige, good list. I don't want to hear about how old you're getting...Pretty soon I'll be working on the 40 before 40

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

goog news! you can pick ONE more because the journaling and keeping up with your blog can be combined as one! yay for printing out books of blogs :)

good goals...maybe i should have done this before i turned 30. i guess i could do a "before 35" right? eww...that number scares me.

Tracie said...

Ha ha... # 24 made me laugh because I have a birthday card addressed to you sitting in my car, but no stamp to put on it. Well, better late than never, right? Hope your Bday was great!

Holly Dart said...

you are so ambitious. I'm just trying to keep up with the day-to-day!

Of course I forgot to call you on your birthday!! Sorry! I hope it was a fun one!

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

I could have helped you with Photoshop. I cannot help you with the 6-pack. I shall never attain that, I think!

Random idea...sew a Christmas stocking for your baby girl. I am NOT a sewer, but I bought a felt embroidery kit for Caden online and LOVED it. It comes with everything you need...sorta like sewing for dumbies. And it looks so good. I'm working on the next one already...

One more thing...if you learn to love laundry and dishes, you have found the secret to happiness.