Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's getting HOT in here!

From some of the comments made on my earlier posts, I felt a need to really clarify why I'm here and what this blog is all about. Maybe I'm taking a different angle since the blog's birth, but I'd like to think this is what I intended all along. 

First of all, girls don't sweat. Don't you hate it when people (MEN) actually think that? Or even some girls themselves claim they don't really sweat? But that's when you need to examine the REALLY in the sentence and determine its worth. So, girls don't sweat, except when we do. A lot. That's the truth, am I wrong? I think not. 

Continuing...  What makes us sweat? Me? Running. Biking. My two-year-old. Cooking. Standing with my pregnant body. Etc. A LOT of things make me sweat. What makes you sweat? Biking? Gardening? Baking? Writing? Whatever it is, it's exciting and it means you are OUT there being happy and productive (I'm pretty sure those two words go hand in hand for me). 

So this blog is dedicated to motivating you (and ME) not to be afraid of a little sweat. I happen to love running and biking. But there's certainly NOTHING wrong with you if you don't. Just cause your big thing is baking a MEAN chocolate chip cookie doesn't make you unwelcome to this site. No, ma'am. Welcome one, welcome all. (And you can bet I'd be more than happy to eat that mean chocolate chip cookie any day.)

So, girls (and a few straggling boys out there), let's get motivated together! Let's do something and get down and get dirty. Don't be afraid to sweat in your nice clothes. It's worth it. What's a little sweat stain got on you? 

Cause c'mon, everyone knows girls don't sweat, except when we do. A lot.  

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I missed the contest (it's been a rough couple of weeks), but I just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading. You look fabulous!

Urban Earthworm said...

Heaven knows I could use some motivation! I've only run once in the last week.

Amelia Hohl said...

Um yeah, I sweat more than Justin does for sure and I'm also smellier than him. I used to have grapefruit sized sweat marks on my shirts for about 6 years until at the MTC I found out that I just needed a prescription. Then it was gone. I cried for joy. I still sweat a lot because I live pretty intensely and I love it! I don't, however, like having to take a shower every day and do my hair.

Katie said...

Love it! :) I'm glad I found your blog again.